Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the specialization in the surgery of the craniomaxillofacial complex: mouth, jaws, face, skull, neck.
An Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon or OMS has the unique surgical expertise and training to manage and treat deformities, injuries and diseases of the mouth, teeth, jaws and the face.
Following dental school, Oral & Maxillofacial surgeons complete additional 4 to 6 years of extensive training in hospital-based residency programs making them the surgical experts in the field of dentistry.
Our Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon performs the following treatments
- Surgical dental extractions of wisdom teeth and impacted or diseased teeth
- Corrective jaw surgeries
- Reconstructive cosmetic maxillofacial surgery
- Treatment of facial trauma and deformities
- Placement of dental implants
- Bone grafting
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of oral cancers
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical dental treatments under general anesthesia